In view of combating corona virus threat and handling high volume of retail customers as a responsible insurance company we have taken following measures:
- Requested all employees to go through the Ministry of Health Public Awareness campaign appearing in the Newspapers and follow home and office safety guidelines and quarantine guidelines. Guidelines issued by Ministry of Health was circulated to all staff.
- Placed hand sanitizers at convenient places.
- To minimize direct customer contact, Company has launched quick pay facility through which customers can online renew motor insurance policies.
- In view of public awareness, we placed informative placards about corona virus symptoms and precautionary measures to be taken.
- Staff was requested to wash their hands regularly for minimum 20 seconds.
- Office is sanitized with disinfection material in the evening, but we are also cleaning the door knobs, seats, tables, window glasses, customer counters, desks etc. Customer counters, lift buttons and toilets are being sanitized twice a day.
- Bio-metric attendance was immediately stopped and magnetic cards are being used by all staff to punch their attendance.
- Staff was requested to avoid travel to other countries unless required and maintain personal hygiene at home and in office and avoid contact with strangers.
- Staff is asked to use disposable cups for tea, coffee and water. Disposable cups are made available for the customers also.
- Cleansers has been advised to disinfect the cleaning items after the cleaning job is finished.
Gulf Union is committed to take all possible measures is deemed fit in line with the Public safety guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Bahrain.